At the last election, Brian received the largest number of votes and with 7 days to go before the filing deadline he has now filed his nomination papers to seek re-election as a Councillor. He is mostly running on the record of the current council and points to a number of achievements. However, he says that “we are going to have some tough decisions in the near future with infrastructure improvements. The East Pier, the Centre Pier and the Monks Cove retaining wall are just a few of the many projects that will have to be addressed.” He also says he will “strive to maintain fiscal responsibility and keep tax increases as low as possible” and “make decisions that are in the best interests of the entire community.”
Brian has been married for 41 years to his wife Lillian and is a proud father to two daughters. He is “blessed with four grandchildren, who have captured my heart in a way I didn’t know possible.”
He is a third generation citizen of Cobourg and retired Captain of the Cobourg Fire Department with 31 years of service.
Brian is “extremely proud of what our Council has accomplished.” In the past term, Council has:
- Brought forward a Heritage Master Plan
- Introduced a Community Improvement Plan (CIP) that has assisted in revitalizing our downtown
- Kept tax increases under two percent
- Worked in collaboration with the Federal Government and the Community Futures Development Corporation (CFDC) to bring the Venture 13 project to realization. He is confident that this endeavour will pay huge dividends for the community and develop young entrepreneurs who will be our business leaders of the future.
The Next Term
Brian says that:
- He will strive to maintain fiscal responsibility and keep tax increases as low as possible.
- He believes that the development of an Asset Management Plan for the Town is of the greatest importance.
- There will be some tough decisions in the near future with infrastructure improvements. The East Pier, the Centre Pier and the Monks Cove retaining wall are just a few of the many projects that will have to be addressed.
- He will work with fellow Councillors to develop a Cultural Master Plan that we, as a community can all be proud of.
- As your Councillor, I will make decisions that are in the best interests of the entire community.
You can reach Brian at: 905-372-8981 or by email at [email protected]